Temptation (Club Destiny, #2)
Nicole Edwards
The Male Brain
Louann Brizendine
Beautifully Damaged - L.A. Fiore Hmmm, I really don't know how to rate this one. It starts off as a romance, girl meets boy, falls for him, but here's the thing..he's one seriously damaged soul. After all the lovey-dovey stuff things get all CSI/Cold case. And here comes the crime solving with all the twists and surprises.

I loved how Ember didn't give up on Trace, she stuck by him, took all the blows he could give her, but she understood that in order to truly get to him, she would have to be his rock and not give up on him. She is one hell of a strong character and I love that about her. She is feisty, stands for herself, can efficiently defend herself and is all-around a strong young woman.

I find some parts of relationships between the characters a bit unrealistic, but this is a fiction novel after all.

I really like the bad-boy characters that can get loving and soft with their woman, so that was a treat :) I get this protective feel over people who were abused and mistreated, especially in their childhood, so it was truly satisfying and sweet when Trace started to get the feeling of his worth and started accepting the love that was coming his way. It was sweet when he just came out and declared his love for Ember to her father with these words:
"He asked me if I loved you and i told him 'totally, completely, hopelessly'."

Some scenes were too corny even for me and the ending was, well..just too ideal and I didn't like that very much because come on, how much of this great stuff can happen to people in that short of a time span in real life?

Considering all, Beautifully Damaged gets 4 stars from me.

This is one beautiful quote:
"All my heart is yours: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever."